Our client is the Emmy award winning leading provider of content protection solutions to the media and entertainment industry. Specialising in video security, we provide integrated technology products and security services to a global client base. That client base includes many of the world’s largest pay-TV broadcasters and OTT platforms, as well as content owners ranging from television and movie producers to the world’s most prestigious sports leagues and event operators.
What will your job look like? – Web Application Developer
- The Web Developer role will work within an existing team on maintaining and further developing the back-end / server-side code of the large and complex MVC application used by many major global media companies from satellite / cable broadcasters to sports rights owners and movie studios in order to manage the security of their premium video content.
- You will come from a strong web application development background and will have experience working on complex multi-tiered web applications.
- The successful candidate will also be expected to develop their skills in multiple challenging disciplines to work as part of a rapidly growing technical organisation.
- Key daily tasks involve – Web Application Developer
- Writing well designed, testable, efficient code by using best of breed software development practices.
- Developing functions for data validation and pushing into / pulling from databases / unstructured data stores.
- Implementing worker / task runner components, working through a central task orchestration system, to interface with other internal solution components (video fingerprint identification, watermark extraction etc.) and external services (email sending etc.).
- Integrating data from various back-end services and databases.
- Gathering and refining specifications and requirements based on technical needs.
- Creating and maintaining software documentation.
Essential Requirements – Web Application Developer
- BEng / MEng / BSc / MSc in relevant subject or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of MVC pattern-based development, and familiarity with Laravel in particular.
- Knowledge of Linux / Unix environments.
- Experience with relational databases, particularly MySQL.
- Familiarity with software configuration management (SCM) concepts and version control systems, especially Git.
Desirable experience, skills and tools – Web Application Developer
- Knowledge of application cloud architectures and AWS services.
- Experience with Continuous Integration / Deployment (Jenkins, GitLab etc.), application deployment (Puppet, Chef) and Docker.
Benefits – Web Application Developer
- Benefits include flexible working options, pension scheme, 25 days holiday which increases with length of service, plus extra day off for your birthday, Group Health Insurance and more!
- You will work at the cutting edge of a high growth industry with an opportunity to shape the technical vision of a large cloud-based platform.
- You will have the opportunity to work on solutions for some of the biggest and most well known sports and entertainment brands in the world.
- Our hardware products are installed in broadcast head-ends worldwide, and our software components are deployed into millions of set-top boxes and streaming video players worldwide.
Location – Birmingham
Salary – £35,000 – £45,000
- Salary Offer £35,000 - £45,000 GBP £35,000 - £45,000 Month