This role provides Infrastructure level design, implementation and Support to all clients and systems while supervising the Systems Engineering team. Support areas include all client and internal computer infrastructure. In addition, this role is responsible for organizing highly complex activities for IT development, project coordination, implementation, and maintenance of technology project initiatives.
Team Lead Responsibilities – Systems Engineer
- Team Productivity tracking.
- Team leadership to ensure team members are technically able and maintain a current working knowledge of technologies available and delivered.
- Creation and maintenance of a high standard of working and team ethos of ambition to succeed.
- A desire to build a fruitful, pro-active and innovative culture.
- A high desire and ability to manage escalations.
- Clear strategic desire to be involved in R&D and ideas sharing.
- High attention to detail and organisation through to documentation.
- Able to follow company values and ensure team believe in and adhere to said values.
Responsibilities – Systems Engineer
- Manage and supervise the Systems Engineering team to delivery client support and projects on-time to meet client expectations.
- Maintain progress, able to balance task completion, track progress and drive assignments to completion while communicates status and issues with upper Management.
- Implement, manage and evaluate System Engineering operation processes and procedures, in accordance with the standards and procedures set out by the organization.
- Support anti-spam, web-filtering, network perimeter defense appliances and remote access solutions
- Manage and support storage and virtualization platforms
- Act as an escalation point for matters concerning server infrastructure.
- Supporting Severs, Active Directory, Exchange, and handling all phases of migrations and upgrades.
- Coordinate any and all network related work with Network Engineering, telephony, provisioning or any other group that are involved in IT infrastructure.
- Facilitate the definition of service levels and customer requirements.
- Work with clients to determine their needs and assess solutions for improving delivery processes.
- Able to provide updates and documentation as requested in the Project Plan as well as all closeout documents.
- Handle all infrastructure related questions for client during duration of project.
- Work directly with vendors on third party server\software deployment.
- Work on new Project Plan design, and overhaul.
- Attend meetings and gather requirements relating to new projects such as onsite infrastructure deployment, relocations, cloud provisioning etc.
- Work closely with technical colleagues to develop client solutions.
Qualifications – Systems Engineer
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent level of hands-on experience
- Experience managing complex technical development projects involving integration of multiple systems.
- Hands on experience with Cloud Technologies AWS or Azure (Both would be great, Azure is preferred)
- Expert knowledge in:
- Microsoft Active Directory, DNS, Group Policy Administration
- Virtualization: Vmware
- Microsoft Exchange 2010, 2013, 2016 and Office 365
- Hand held communications device systems (Active Sync, MDM – MobileIron, Airwatch)
- Hands-on experience configuring and supporting Microsoft operating system based servers
- Experience with scripting in PowerShell, Citrix and terminal services
- Supporting various SAN arrays
- Good understanding of existing network programs and capabilities.
- Skilled in technical crisis management.
- Salary Offer Salary on request GBP Salary on request Month