Our client, a major player within their market and now 3rd largest within their industry. Due to relentless growth though new hires, mergers and acquisitions, they now seek talented individuals to join both their IT operations and IT Engineering teams. As a business the fastest growing division is the Digital workplace division, that over sees the Operations and Engineering side.
A position has now come available for an IT Systems Engineer to initially work from home (due to COVID) but expected to return to either their Surrey, Glasgow or Leeds office once the Pandemic is over. As a business they are very flexible when it comes to working hours and remote working, so there will be options available to split your week up.
So the question is do you have experience of MS Exchange migrations (ideally 2013 or 2016), troubleshooting and ticketing experience at 3rd line level and above, with a good understanding of DNS, DHCP, Active Directory and VMware. If so, then this is the role for you.
Job Purpose – IT Systems Engineer
- Deliver 3rd line technical support and projects to a large user base of internal UK based staff.
- Provide analysis, diagnosis and resolution of customers IT issues for software and hardware.
- The role also requires a high level of BAU technical IT support across the UK infrastructure, involving escalations from Service Desk and Desk Side Support and assisting with IT related project work.
Skills – IT Systems Engineer Essential
- MS Exchange ideally from 2010 – 2016 (with Office365 experience)
- Experience of messaging / MS Exchange migrations and on boarding
- Enterprise Microsoft Technologies (Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, etc.)
- VMware 6.5 and above
Desirable – IT Systems Engineer
- Enterprise and ITIL environment experience
- Knowledge of PowerShell and scripting technologies
- NetApp SAN Experience
- F5 BIG-IP Technologies
Also expected – IT Systems Engineer
- Travel to datacentre, other offices as and when required on behalf of the business
- Hours of work – Mon to Friday, std 35 hours with an occasional OOH and On Call as and when required on behalf of the business
- Shift Pattern; As and when required on behalf of the business, Mon to Friday on a weekly rotation…..7am to 3pm, 8am to 4pm, 9am to 5pm, 10am to 6pm
- Salary Offer £55,000 - £60,000 GBP £55,000 - £60,000 Month