Job Description – Systems Operations Engineer
Our client is now one of the largest risk management and insurance broking companies in the world, with its corporate headquarters in Itasca, Illinois.
Our Client is proud of their ability to put the clients – not the products – at the centre of their operations. Whether they are addressing the needs of individuals, small businesses or international conglomerates, the people, their technical expertise and their global reach deliver first-class coverage, risk management advice and placement expertise.
Job Purpose – Systems Operations Engineer
- To act as a Systems Operations Engineer in the best interests of the company.
- Delivering third line technical support and projects to a large user base of internal UK based staff.
- Providing analysis, diagnosis and resolution of customers IT issues for software and hardware. The role also requires a high level of BAU technical IT support across the UK infrastructure, involving escalations from Service Desk and Desk Side Support and assisting with IT related project work.
Skills – Systems Operations Engineer
- Extensive Exchange 2016 (with Office365 experience)
- Experience of messaging migrations and on boarding
- Enterprise Microsoft Technologies (AD, DNS, etc.)
- VMware 6.5 and above
- HPE Blade, ProLiant and Synergy experience
- Enterprise and ITIL environment experience in a large corporation
- Extensive Knowledge of PowerShell and scripting technologies
- Extensive Linux knowledge
- Citrix XenApp 7.15
- Netapp SAN Experience
- CCNA / CCNP
- F5 BIG-IP Technologies
- SRM DR Technologies
- SCOM / SCCM
- Cloud technologies – Azure
- PaaS technologies – Docker, Kubernetes
Also expected – Systems Operations Engineer
- Travel to datacentre, other offices as and when required on behalf of the business
- Hours of work – Mon to Friday, std 35 hours with an occasional OOH and On Call as and when required on behalf of the business
- Shift Pattern; As and when required on behalf of the business, Mon to Friday on a weekly rotation…..7am to 3pm, 8am to 4pm, 9am to 5pm, 10am to 6pm
- Salary Offer £55,000 - £60,000 GBP £55,000 - £60,000 Month