As a senior System Design Engineer, you have over years of technical system experience to perform technical engineering services : – You evaluate and translate requirements into design; – You evaluate design benefits and trade-offs; – You validate design compliance and support deployment of the design to ensure the requirements are met; – You use development tools to efficiently solve technical or business challenges, incl. technology evolution, capacity management, and performance optimization; – You innovate to present new ideas which improve an existing system/process/service; – You maintain knowledge of existing technology documents via technical writing; – You perform (complex) incident resolution and root cause analyses; – On duty call for the systems you are responsible for, can be required. Next to a proven experience in system software and IT infrastructure, you have the following core competences: Adaptive, Analytical thinking, Collaborating, Flexible, Result driven, Software development.
About Monitoring & Observability
The Monitoring & Observability team oversees developing solutions applications, services and infrastructure.
Our users range from developers and system engineers to service delivery owners, application owners and more…
The Observability team builds and maintains solutions that enable faster insights and root cause analysis from real-time data offering APM, Infrastructure Monitoring, Log & metrics Analytics, Alerting, etc
When developing these solutions, we think about the problem end-to-end: how do we automatically collect data from common data sources, how do we store it efficiently, how do we present this information to the user, what actions do we take on the insights from the data?
All of these aspects are important in bringing a turnkey solution to our company.
We are also responsible for the implementation of the latest products on our servers (Windows & Linux) and maintenance of these servers.
- In the Agile Scrum team you will come into contact with many different
- Infrastructure and Observability tools and -environments.
- Working and delivering solutions in a SAFE Agile method
- Transfer knowledge to the engineers by documentation, courses, assistance on new features within ELK, etc…
- Advise and assist the Systems Architect and Product Owner in the roadmap for the replacement of our current Monitoring framework
- Develop optimizations for Elastic Stack products
- Working knowledge of other Monitoring/Observability tools
- Work for the day-to-day operations where you are responsible for stability, maintenance and management of “mission critical infrastructures”
- You ‘ll be working closely together with clients to achieve observability insights in their systems by collecting logs and metrics from all the systems that matter to the users, using the current and next generation technologies.
- You will analyse clients requirements, discuss and approve on the setup and implement. An end-to-end responsibility where optimal customer satisfaction is in perfect balance with internal IT strategy.
- Respond to incidents and participate in root cause analysis
- Be part of the on-call rotation (24/7)
- Write and organize the internal and End-User-documentation
- Work with other teams to continuously improve the production infrastructure, focusing on stability, security, and scalability
- Collaborate with product designers, server team, engineers, etc..
- Automate actions that should be performed more than a couple of times (Everything as code approach)
- Measure and optimize system performance, with an eye toward pushing capabilities forward, getting ahead of customer needs, and innovating to continually improve
- Setup Dashboards (Elastic, Dynatrace) i.c.w clients (BUS, ICT and IIT customers)
- Develop the APM, Logs, Metrics, Integrations, Agent Management UIs and APIs
- Work on new and exciting Elastic, Dynatrace and Monitoring (BMC, Xmatters, etc…) products and enable latest features based on clients (IT and/or Business) requirements
- Automate via GIT/Ansible
- Help building our State of The Art Observability track for
- In-depth knowledge of Elastic products (from conceptual to technical implementation)
- Working and/or design knowledge of other Observability, Performance or
- Availability tools or services
- Ability to work in a fast paced start-up environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A great teammate with strong analytical, problem solving, debugging and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work independently
- A quick learner
- Experience with Windows and Linux systems on a minimum Medior System
- Engineering level
- Elastic Stack
- Monitoring Framework
- JIRA, Confluence
- GIT / Ansible