About The Role – SQL Database Administrator
- Are you experienced in providing 2nd / 3rd line technical support for databases and associated applications, focusing on prevention, root cause fix and automation of issue resolution?
- Our client has been transforming since 2014 and for the last 12 months they have really picked up the pace.
- Our client is now looking for an experienced Database Administrator to join their Service team, where you’ll be responsible for ensuring the integrity and availability of all centralised Company corporate databases and associated applications and servers.
Responsibilities – SQL Database Administrator
- You’ll be part of a great team, providing technical support for IT professionals within the Company in the area of database management and associated applications whilst supporting senior team members in resolving and preventing complex issues.
- Based in their modern Andover office, the database team take full responsibility for supporting the management of database and associated server resources, including installation, monitoring, performance tuning and backups whilst contributing to the design, capacity planning and strategic growth planning of all centralised databases and associated applications.
About You – SQL Database Administrator
- To ensure your success, they will need you to have demonstrable experience of supporting production and development databases, environments and applications and have experience of working with all the components of IT infrastructure (hardware, databases, virtualization, operating systems, local area networks etc.).
- As an expert in your field you’ll be a confident with SQL Server & Windows server, T-SQL, SSIS, SSRS and Powershell, applying learnt principles and concepts to resolve issues as they arrive.
- You’ll be focused on achieving personal goals/daily and be confident to speak up in meetings, stating your opinions, spotting opportunities and escalating issues to improve your own performance and processes.
Benefits – SQL Database Administrator
- As well as a competitive basic salary you’ll receive:
- 36 days holiday (including 8 bank holidays) with an option to buy or sell a further 5 days
- Group annual bonus (discretionary) up to 7.5% of annual salary
- A pension scheme with 6% from the Company, a minimum 3% from you with the option to increase or decrease when you join. If you decide to contribute 4% or above they will add a further 4% which can be allocated in different ways
- A yearly company funded allowance of £500 that you can choose to use against some great benefits such as shopping vouchers, pet insurance, dental plans and more
- Company core product choice: Cash plan or Dental plan
- 4 x Life Assurance
- Salary Offer £40,000 - £50,000 DOE GBP £40,000 - £50,000 DOE Month