Are a specialist software house, at the forefront of developing mission critical systems for airport operations. They help airlines, airports and ground handlers deliver outstanding business results through class leading software applications.
They are looking for motivated self-starters with a passion for and experience of hands-on programming. Ideally you will have a degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or similar, with a focus on software development.
The role is primarily Work From Home (WFH), with occasional visits to the office near Farnham in Surrey. The successful candidates will become an integral part of a software product team and help to deliver the next generation of their acknowledged market-leading software products to a fast-growing global customer base. The role will allow you to expand on your current technical skills in a practical & focused environment with the opportunity to research and use innovative techniques to contribute to the success of our products. You will be working on complex mission critical systems including migrating existing products to web delivered UI with a distributed event-based business processing backend.
Travel in the UK and flights overseas from time to time is possible – ideally you should be free and willing to do so and have a valid passport.
- Developing new features and functionality
- Resolving existing issues
- QA – review/test code written by other developers
- Strong experience of developing in and understanding of C# with .net Framework and/or .net Core
- Understanding of Design Patterns (e.g. MVC, MVVM Pattern)
- Experience of RDBMS (e.g. Oracle)
- Knowledge of WPF
- Experience of developing Windows/web applications
Other Useful Skills
- Entity Framework 6 or 7 with LINQ
- Parallel programming (e.g. TPL and PLINQ)
- Writing unit tests
- Use of Source Code Management (SCM) tools – ideally Subversion
- Troubleshooting and debugging issues on live systems
- Experience with Object-Relational Mapping (ORM)
- Familiarity in working in an Agile development environment
- User Interface/User Experience (UI/UX) design skills
- Industry knowledge an advantage but not essential