Are you experienced in delivering 3rd Line support, mixed with working complex projects? Our client is looking for a Senior Systems Operations Engineer – Citrix to join their team.
You will provide IT Support across all levels including escalations and priority tickets as well as developing team technologies & providing support.
Your Role – Senior Systems Operations Engineer (Citrix)
- As Citrix Engineer you will implement the strategy, architecture, standards and roadmaps within end point architecture. As well as Application software packaging, the Citrix Access Layer and associated ecosystem E.g. storefront, provisioning server and Citrix Gateways.
Core skills include (but not limited to):
- Citrix (XenApp/XenDesktop 7.x)
- Enterprise Layer Manager (nice to have)
- Citrix Provisioning Services (nice to have)
- Citrix Sharefile (nice to have)
- Windows Server 2008/2012/2016
- Active Directory/DNS/DHCP
- VMWARE/Virtualization technologies
- Application packaging (App-V/SCCM)
- Automation & Scripting (i.e. Powershell)
Additional desired skills/knowledge/experience:
- Technical Design
- Our clients IT Team are required to work to strict Change control governance, acting as and constantly developing as a Technical authority within specified technologies.
- A large part of your role will include conducting in-depth investigations and providing root cause analysis of incidents and outages.
- You will have a high-level technical representation on P1 issues; including conference calls and handle technical resolution. You’ll provide support across production and test environments and have a deep understanding as to how applications work well with these systems.
- Ensuring regular and clear updates are provided along with dedicated systems performance, management and maintenance. You will also provide technical solutions for BAU and project based requests, producing high level overviews and explanations as required. For this you’ll need to be able to take complex and technical information and make it easy for the business to digest.
Your Skills, Qualifications and Experience – Senior Systems Operations Engineer (Citrix)
- Whilst not essential, it would be helpful if you have an ITIL qualification.
- A solid grasp of how applications interact with the Windows Operating System and Citrix forms and essential part of this role, as does Enterprise Microsoft products, VMWare, Hardware and high availability and DR concepts.
- You’ll have significant experience in providing 3rd level (or higher) support within a corporate environment and also in supporting high availability and large server estates.
- Eligibility to work in the UK.