Our client provides support, advice and assistance for developing world-class solutions to complex and challenging Network and Communications problems. This includes providing end-to-end analysis and solutions for a wide variety of CIS, Communications and Network requirements working mainly in the defence environment. Our client has a range of roles to offer across all levels of experience for Network, CIS and Communications Engineers and Solution Architects and are seeking talented people who can influence the development of current and next generation systems.
Skills and Knowledge – Senior Systems Engineer (VMWare SME)
- Requirements capture for IT systems
- System design experience of IT systems
- Configuration of servers and other IT equipment
- Trouble shooting of IT systems
- Providing IT support to customers and users
- Experience of IT integration
- Systems engineering in an IT environment
- Knowledge and detailed experience in deploying and supporting Enterprise Infrastructure Services including directory, messaging, back-up and storage
- Knowledge and experience of lock downs based on Microsoft Group Policy Objects and Group Policy Preference Extensions
- Demonstrable experience of designing and building VMWare ESXi (ideally VCP6.0 or later) and Microsoft Server 2012 (MCSE ideally).
- Experience of systems integration, with appreciation of networking requirements for a server infrastructure.
- Experience in leading and/or mentoring junior team members.
- Knowledge of JSP 604 and 440 and associated JSPs would be desirable.
Person Specification – Senior Systems Engineer (VMWare SME)
- Degree in a science, engineering or maths subject or demonstrable equivalent experience.
- Candidates should be willing to undergo government vetting to achieve high level security clearance.
- Innovative Self-starter able to show initiative.
- Offers solutions to problems.
- Able to lead and motivate others while being an enthusiastic team player.
- Evidence in delivering great results.
- Strong risk awareness & quality conscious.
- Able to follow processes and procedures.
- Present a good impression of the Company’s professional.
Company Benefits – Senior Systems Engineer (VMWare SME)
- Career development across a diverse International organisation
- 50% off meals at selected restaurants, 40% off cinema tickets.
- Modern and collaborative working environment
- Pension – up to 10.5 % Company contributed
- Flexible Working, Social and family events
- Health Cash Plan, Health Screening, Employee Assistance 24/7
- Leading edge technology focus
- Private Medical Insurance and Dental Insurance at additional cost
- Childcare or After School Club, Annual Leave Purchase
- Personal Accident Insurance, Annual Travel Insurance
- Gym and sports facilities available at larger sites
- Payroll Giving and Volunteering – helping charities and local community
- Salary Offer Salary on request GBP Salary on request Month