We are looking for a Senior Operations Engineer (Voice) to join our team based in the UK. You will be responsible for implementing change, upgrades and diagnosis as part of the network operations team, which is responsible for Network and Voice services. Acting as a technical expert you will have responsibility for participating in incident response as part of the wider IT operations team and with the Global Network/Infrastructure teams.
The ideal candidate will have several years’ experience of Cisco Unified Communication engineering across all Cisco UC platforms including CUCM, UCCE, Expressway, WebEx and 3rd party Applications such as 2Ring, Acqueon , Outbound Dialling , Voice Recording etc. Advanced\Expert level hands on experience in Cisco UCCE with appropriate training\certifications
You will be able to demonstrate, experience, knowledge of Upgrade, Installation and hands on experience of such and have led projects rather than assisting a lead engineer.
You will also be required to demonstrate at all levels the ability to provide both high level support and escalation support with BAU teams whilst at the same time to be project focused when required. Projects included office relocations, expansion as well as new telephony services being developed and deployed with Service transition to Support teams
As well as project and support duties, it is expected the individual to maintain and encourage new and existing working relationships with other departments and be involved in knowledge transfer when required involving creating design and build documentations and have the ability to provide internal training update workshops to BAU and Service Desk in both a formal and informal approaches.
Key Accountabilities/Deliverables: Senior Operations Engineer (Voice)
- Provide Level 2-3 support for all UK voice systems, covering support, BAU admin, and maintenance in line with company standards. Act as one of the SMEs for UCCE and CUCM
- Providing recommendations and expertise towards consolidation/migration of the voice estate to company standard, and proactively identifying and presenting appropriate improvements.
- Technical fault finding and incident management
- Working as part of a Network and Voice team, with potential to cross-train.
- Support IT colleagues with resolving a mixture of 2nd and 3rd line tickets
- Provide diagnosis and resolution of voice incidents
- Ensure resolutions are fit for purpose and implemented in a safe and controlled manner
- Maintain and ensure high levels of network/voice availability and resilience
- Oversee the day-to-day management of the Voice estate, and proactively recommend areas where improvements and additional functionality may be appropriate.
- Implement change in an appropriate, controlled manner
- Make sure that CMDB (change management database) / documentation is kept up to date and fit for purpose
- Ensure work is carried out to the appropriate quality and company standards and timescales
- Deploy and maintain corporate standards
- Any additional duties & responsibilities that may reasonably be expected to be undertaken
- Carry out duties following internal policies and procedures in accordance with applicable laws, rules, regulations, good governance and Gallagher’s shared values, in particular, putting clients at the heart of our business
Person Specification: Senior Operations Engineer (Voice)
- Advanced\Expert hands-on experience of Cisco Voice UCCE\CUCM
- Appropriate Professional Cisco Certifications in Voice (desirable)
- Experience in 3RD party Applications such as 2Ring, Acqueon , Outbound Dialling , Voice Recording etc.
- IP telephony and networking skills in a complex enterprise environment
- Root cause analysis and low-level troubleshooting (e.g. packet capture)
- Experience of M&A’s and coordinating Voice integration/migration projects.
- Strong discovery and documentation skills
- Cross platform diagnosis skills using industry tools and techniques
- Working with other technical teams and technology experts
- Able to explain concepts clearly to a technical or non-technical audience
- Able to adhere to existing processes and procedures at all times
- Ability to identify and suggest improvements, and provide input into the team roadmap
- Comfortable with learning new skills and technologies as required
- Able to share technical knowledge and provide training to other IT staff.
- Eligible to work in the UK
- Occasional travel between locations will be required, with some overnight stays
Experience: Senior Operations Engineer (Voice)
- Demonstrable experience of Hands On project involvement ranging from Evaluating End User requirements gathering, BAT file, UCCE, CUCM, Unity configuration, IM&P
- Project involvement should be at a lead engineer level
- Happy to communicate at all levels from End users to Office and Regional Managers
- Upgrade of UC range of Cisco solutions- UCCE, CUCM, Unity, IM&P, Expressway
- Have supported on a day to day basis a large scale deployment
- Upgraded and installed Cisco UC solutions- UCCE, CUCM, Unity etc.
- Ability to understand E164 dial plan , Translation, Route Patterns , Calling Search Space, Partitions
- Deployment of user via BULK Administration Tool – BAT
- Ability to create new BAT files
- Experience of Jabber deployment on Mobile, Laptop
- Implementation and Upgrade of Expressway
- Ability to create IVR and Menu options within Unity Voice Mail
- Video Technologies – WebEx, CMS, TMS
- Voice over IP Protocols (SIP, H323, MGCP, SCCP, etc.), Legacy Voice Protocols (ISDN, QSIG etc.)
- Ability to debug voice gateway including Qsig, SIP protocols
UCCE: Senior Operations Engineer (Voice)
- Supported UCCE for 2+ years
- Upgrade/installation of UCCE , hands on
- Creation of ICM script and Monitoring
- Understanding of how scripts relate to Wallboard, CUIC requirements
- Ability to debug UCCE logs either via dumplogs or Diagnostic Frame Portico
- Understand UCCE SQL tables and use of queries
- Ability to understand the agent log on procedure through to call answering , with view to debug all actions
- CUIC experience – use of Default reports and customised reports
- Creation and deployment of UCCE Scripts -understand Call Types, Dial numbers, RONA,PQ’s / Skill groups
CVP Scripting – Call Studio: Senior Operations Engineer (Voice)
- Previous experience of building UCCE scripts via Call Studio
- Experience of implanting Java with regards to Call Studio
3rd party Applications: Senior Operations Engineer (Voice)
- Wallboard- 2ring
- Outbound Dialer- Acqueon
- Call logging
- Voice Recording Vebra , BiB SIP trunking
- Salary Offer Salary on request GBP Salary on request Month