They’ve been nationally recognised as a 5 star housebuilder since 2009 for supplying high-quality homes for all generations. That’s more than any other major housebuilder. It’s because they combine the brightest minds, the latest technology, and a genuine commitment to putting customers first. They want the best people in the industry to help them shape the future of building. They have tailored opportunities for apprentices, graduates, experienced professionals and ex-Armed Forces personnel to come and help them stay one step ahead, and build the homes that Britain needs.
They adopt a hybrid way of working which assumes that where roles allow, their office-based colleagues divide their time between working in the office, on their construction sites and sales offices, and working from home, as the role dictates. They recognise the many benefits that an effective hybrid working culture brings to both the Company and their colleagues.
Supporting the business and the divisional offices, the Head Office functions cover all departments from the Executive Board through to the support functions such as Group Design and Technical, HR, Health and Safety, IT, Sales and Marketing, Commercial, Procurement, Group Finance, Corporate Affairs, as well as Legal and Company Secretariat.
While the work varies from team to team, the key requirements don’t: you must be well organised, extremely helpful and resourceful, and able to use your initiative. You’ll understand that what you do is important, and impacts on your team, the department, and the wider business.
Reporting to the IT Technical Delivery Manager, the Senior IT Solution Developer is responsible for developing innovative software solutions to agreed specifications.
- Development and maintenance of in-house solutions alongside significant integration with 3rd party packages and APIs.
- Actively contribute to all phases of design, development and testing of front-end and back-end software components.
- Work closely with business stakeholders, Project Managers, Business Analysts, Solution Architects and Test Analysts to create high quality IT solutions.
- Conduct software demonstrations to internal and external members of project teams.
- Work alongside 3rd party solution providers and external partners to deliver high quality integrated solutions.
- Conduct thorough and realistic developer unit testing prior to handover to Test Analysts.
- Assist with deployment and smoke testing by following a stringent Change Management procedure.
- Prioritise workload and accurately report progress using task and defect tracking tools.
- Provide technical guidance, support and mentoring to junior IT Technical Delivery team members and drive continuous improvement.
- Experience of creating and working with complex APIs and data transport using XML or JSON over HTTPs etc.
- Experience of a Relational Database Management System such as MSSQL or DB2, including demonstrable design and data manipulation skills.
- Experience of working closely with task and defect tracking tools such as JIRA or Microsoft Azure DevOps.
- A good understanding of SOLID development principles and a desire to research and incorporate new and emerging techniques.
- Demonstrable understanding of the software development lifecycle.
- The ability to prioritise tasks and work within tight timescales without compromising the end result.
- A willingness to learn new skills and promote best practice throughout the team by leading skills workshops etc.
- Experience of working closely and building relationships with senior business stakeholders, 3rd parties and external partners.
- Experience of distributed software version control systems such as GIT and the ability to scope and drive workflow decisions.
- Experience of NoSQL databases such as Mongo, Firebase or DocumentDB.
- Experience of using Test Automation tools and writing testable code.
- Knowledge of Enterprise Service Bus solutions (SONIC, Jitterbit etc).
- Experience of working within a range of different solution delivery methodologies (Agile, Waterfall, Hybrid etc).
- Competitive Salary
- Competitive Bonus Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance – Single Cover
- Annual Health Assessment
- 26 days’ holiday (increase by 1 day for every 3 years’ continuous service up to 29 days)
- Choice of Flexible Benefits
- Enhanced Family Friendly Policies