Our client, a major player within their market and now 3rd largest within their industry. Due to relentless growth though new hires, mergers and acquisitions, they now seek talented individuals to join both their IT operations and IT Engineering teams. As a business the fastest growing division is the Digital workplace division that over sees the Operations and Engineering side.
A position has now come available for an Exchange SME / Senior level Systems Engineer to initially work from home (due to COVID) but expected to return to either their Surrey, Glasgow or Leeds office once the Pandemic is over. As a business they are very flexible when it comes to working hours and remote working, so there will be options available to split your week up.
Working with the Infrastructure Architects to produce Low Level Designs for implementation by the Systems Operation team, thriving under pressure and adapting to the varying needs around you. Are you up for the challenge and is this you?
Responsibilities as the Exchange SME / Senior level Systems Engineer
- Work on infrastructure projects and work requests approved by the Executive Committee
- Coordinate with peers and colleagues, performing and providing technical advice. Give regular status reports to the Infrastructure and Project Managers.
- Produce Technical Low-Level Designs and Documentation, look after all technical integration activities
- Monitor Technical Implementations in alignment to the Technology building Operational readiness..
- Handle any critical blocking issues, manage relationships with Strategic Infrastructure Suppliers and ensure Corporate Standards are deployed and maintained.
- Experience required as the Exchange SME / Senior level Systems Engineer
- Extensive Exchange 2016 (with Office365 experience) Experience of messaging at design and architecture level
- Extensive experience of leading transformation, innovation & targeted service delivery
- Must have hands-on experience in large-scale 24/7 enterprise environments hosting hundreds of servers, complex networks and multiple locations.
- Fully appreciate the architecture and design of infrastructure-based services, including high availability, site security and disaster recovery
Technical Skills required as the Exchange SME / Senior level Systems Engineer
- VMware VCP, NetApp and hold an ITIL certification.
- Performance monitoring, Enterprise management skills in Microsoft Windows Server 2008/12 + Active Directory and associated Core Services.
- Microsoft Clustering, PowerShell and a sound knowledge of NetBackup.
- HP C7000 Chassis, BL460 Blades, B22HP, HP pass-thru technology. Familiarity with working in a Tier 3 Data Centre, HDS HUS, EMC & HP SAN(s) and CISCO MDS.
- VMware SRM or equivalent technology along with Cisco UCS
- Cisco CCNA, CITRIX XenApp, XenDesktop, and Netscalers
- VMware clustering, distributed switches, network and storage I/O, DRS, HA and DR concepts
- Exposure to SAN Fabric Zoning and multipath principles
- Salary Offer Salary on request GBP Salary on request Month