Our client is looking for a confident senior engineer to join their team. You will be planning and running the delivery multiple discrete IT projects. This includes developing, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing key functions, specifically focused on Citrix as well as End User Computing, Windows 10, Active Directory and Print Management.
You’re a domain authority in the disciplines specified above but with Management experience.
We need you to have Deep understanding using Windows operating software and thorough knowledge of hardware components and their functions. An industry recognized certification (e.g. A+, Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer [MCSE]) would also be helpful. Strong knowledge of End User Computing (EUC) Engineering and a deep understanding of Citrix and Print Management Solutions in large Enterprise Environments.
- Design and implement short- and long-term strategic plans to ensure infrastructure availability and capacity meets existing and future requirements.
- Plan, handle, monitor and report on the work of project whilst handling the expectations of project partners. Build and maintain relationships with internal and external team members.
- Ensure projects align with Company IT project methodology, governance, tooling and template standards. Integrate suppliers into the project and manage all parties via an integrated delivery plan.
- Lead external IT suppliers including Service Contracts, Invoices and access for installation & maintenance.
- Develop, implement, and maintain policies, procedures, and associated training plans.
- Participate in the development of IT strategies in collaboration with the Strategic Architecture Review Board and Global standards.
- Conduct research and make recommendations on products, services, protocols, and standards in support of all infrastructure procurement and development efforts.
- Establish service level agreements Application and Operation Divisions.
- Act as the interface point between the UK Engineering team and GTS US, ensuring our work, informs, supports and aligns with corporate standards.
- Build an IT Infrastructure capability (people, process and technology) to ensure the successful delivery of our Infrastructure Architecture and Engineering.
- Provide strong, authentic, credible and engaging leadership to those you lead and the executive sponsors with whom you interact.
- Responsible for technical high-level designs and documentation. You’ll deliver operational acceptance and documentation too. You’re critical in presenting technical solutions to Exec and CIO Level so solid interpersonal skills are important.
- Hands-on experience in the Architecture and Design of infrastructure-based Enterprise Services, including High Availability, Site Security and Disaster Recovery. Includes Evaluations, Automations, Design, Delivery and Distribution.
- Citrix (XenApp/XenDesktop 7.x, ELM, PVS, CWEM);
- McAfee EPO.
- HP hardware.
- Windows Server 2008/2012/2016.
- Windows 10.
- Active Directory; DNS; DHCP; Windows Clustering, SCOM.
- VMWARE/Virtualization technologies.
- Thin Client Technologies (e.g. Dell Wyse and Dell Wyse Management Suite);
- Application packaging (App-V/SCCM).
- Automation & Scripting (i.e. PowerShell).
- Modern Desktop management (Intune).
- M365 (Teams, Office suite, SharePoint).
- Previous relevant experience, mix of commercial and insurance experience is desirable
- Experienced in running a project management office and functions
- ITIL or Prince2 or MSP qualified; Degree in technology/business related subject desirable
- Ideally educated to degree level or equivalent in computer science or a related field.
- CITRIX, VMware and Tier 3 Data Centre Technologies are essential
- Demonstrable experience in successfully managing the full project life cycle – a proven track record of success in end-to-end project delivery
- Superb attention to detail needed.
- Good communication (and strong presentation skills).
- Forward planning (ability to anticipate future outcomes)
- Excellent analytical & interpretive skills
- Able to handle and process large amounts of data
- Extensive experience of leading change, innovation & targeted service delivery.
- In depth & effective people management & leadership experience.
- Salary Offer Up to £65,000 DOE GBP Up to £65,000 DOE Month