Position Overview: Senior BI Developer
As Senior BI Developer, the role will provide technical analysis, development, testing and warranty support to a wide range of business initiatives, including our own development projects using the very latest technologies and agile development practices.
Using expertise in data management, the individual will be required to drive the efficient delivery of business intelligence solutions, initially automation of manual data feeds (circa. 30), as well as building solutions to underpin and accelerate data science and knowledge discovery. The role will provide leadership in transitioning from local reporting mechanisms to using advanced business intelligence tools.
Principal Responsibilities: Senior BI Developer
- Development and Maintenance of ETL solutions with SQL, SSIS.
- Producing high quality data warehouse solutions using appropriate technologies
- Building and maintaining complex Stored procs, Functions, Views and Triggers.
- Be part of the design, development and maintenance of self-service tools, primarily SSAS cubes.
- Design, build, and maintain reporting solutions(dashboards, mobile apps) using SQL, data visualisation (Power BI & SSRS) and other business intelligence tools
- Delivery of operational reporting projects(incl. management reporting) end-to-end in line with business needs
- Developing an understanding of complex database structures and system architecture
- Collaborating with stakeholders, business analysts, subject matter experts, and other team members to determine data requirements
- Documenting technical specifications for Technical approval
- Manage deployment of changes from development to QA through to release
- Monitor and resolve performance and stability issues
- Participate in problem solving and troubleshooting for assigned reports, applications, or projects
- To manage own time efficiently to ensure that deadlines on multiple tasks/initiatives are met
- To provide concise, accurate reporting of work progress to BI Manager
- Provide support to, and deputise for, the BI Manager when required
- Stay current with changes in the Business Intelligence landscape, in particular ML, and present back to BI Manager
- Documentation of Database, codes, stored procedures. Use of Dataedo beneficial.
- Assist in the definition and implementation of database and development standards and knowledge management
- Ad-hoc project work
- Establishing dashboards, mobile apps, and accounts: SSRS and Power BI
- Design and maintenance of intricate data models: Cubes and DAX/MDX queries
- Data analysis, understanding and application of analytical models
- Full involvement in BI projects
- Procedures of Microsoft BI products
- Deliver to defined timelines in order to meet business requirement
- Supporting and training other members of the Development team
- Working with the Business Intelligence Manager to work within project timelines and budgets
- Provide feedback to management of potential improvements to existing procedures and systems
- Work as part of a system and wider team to achieve the departmental standards and objectives
- Work effectively with other departments within the Group to maintain excellent standards of service
- Maintain an excellent level of understanding and knowledge of our client’s Groups’ products and services in order to fully understand process and delivering requirements
- Take responsibility for own personal development in line with agreed performance objectives
- Support colleagues and team members with investigating and resolving product and services issues.
Essential Experience Required: Senior BI Developer
- Minimum 2 years ETL & Data Warehouse development (SSIS, T-SQL,SSAS (multidimensional or tabular))
- Minimum 2 years of a Business Analytics Tool – PowerBI / MSSQL SSRS
- Machine Learning, Data Science and Big Data Integration experience
- Experience working in an Agile development environment
- Experience working with Azure
- Excellent problem solver with great communication skills
- Able to build strong and productive relationships quickly
Desirable Experience Required: Senior BI Developer
- Streaming technology experience (Kafka, Spark, Flink, Azure Stream Analytics)
- .Net (C# or VB)
- Salary Offer £55,000 (plus company benfits) GBP £55,000 (plus company benfits) Month