About the Company – QA Analyst / Software Tester
- Our client are experts in the automation of intelligence and investigation. Our clients team is a collaboration of specialists drawn from fields across the private and public sectors including energy, telecoms, retail, The Bar of England and Wales, policing, defence and other Government agencies.
- Our client is not your usual software house or consultancy. They are totally focused on designing and delivering innovative solutions for their customers, solutions which currently exploit cloud based deployments together with NoSQL and Graph databases driven via Microservice and container based architectures.
Primary Purpose of the Position – QA Analyst / Software Tester
Main Responsibilities of the Position – QA Analyst / Software Tester
- Carry out full stack manual and automated functional test activities to validate functionality of software updates
- Create automated test cases for the front-end to the back-end, using frameworks like Selenium, Cucumber, RestAssured, Hoverfly, JMeter, Kundera, JOOQ, Arquillian, TestNG and more
- Work with technologies like AWS Services, Kafka and Docker to deploy and test the platform
- Use YouTrack to track new features or defects in the platform, including building test schedules from user story acceptance criteria
- Contribute to decisions on how testing is performed, sharing opinions on the right tools to use and the right methods to achieve our goals
- Leading the definition and execution of the test approach for a product
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Experience – QA Analyst / Software Tester
- BSc /BA in IT, Computer Science or relevant field.
Knowledge & Experience (Essential)
- A good self-starter, capable of analysing and implementing a robust, automated testing strategy for our product portfolio.
- Proven experience testing complex Java based applications, including REST, Servlets, JEE and ideally JSF2 in an agile environment (Scrum, Kanban etc.)
- Familiarity with automated testing tools.
- Work with the development team to design and implement automated test plans and scripts using appropriate tooling where appropriate as part of our CI/CD pipeline.
- Take ownership of quality testing standards and document accordingly.
- Proficient with developing bespoke tests using the Java language.
- Familiarity with SQL and NoSQL databases
- JSON and XML data encoding schemes
- Experience developing automated test suites using tools such as Selenium, Junit, Cucumber, etc
- Experience with load testing using JMeter or other tooling
- Exposure to CI/CD tooling such as Jenkins
- Trouble ticketing systems such as JIRA or YouTrack
- Testing of systems deployed onto public cloud providers (ideally AWS)
- Ability to track down the root cause of a defect using debugging tools to analyse stack traces
- Working knowledge of a Continuous Integration system to create builds in Jenkins
- Programmatic interactions with data formats such as JSON and XML
- Experience in API testing tools like Postman or SOAPUI desirable
- Comfortable with the basics of the Linux Operating Systems
- AWS knowledge and experience
- Experience of working in an agile software development team
- Committed to continuously educating yourself by attending professional workshops, industry events, certification courses, and reviewing professional publications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Problem solving skills
- Willing to travel on a regular basis for your work
- You will be expected to undertake continued professional development training whilst in this post, further details will be given in due course.
- Salary Offer £45,000 - £55,000 GBP £45,000 - £55,000 Month