The DevOps engineers take part in all aspects of the software delivery lifecycle, designing, building, testing and releasing software. Their engineers have a solid understanding of the technologies used at the company and seek to continually develop their own capabilities, maintaining a good awareness of the industry.
As a member of their team of DevOps engineers, you will take technical direction from one of their team leaders working both collaboratively within the team and individually. DevOps Engineers must gain a good working knowledge of the companies application set and only occasionally need assistance with understanding tasks, however their team leader will assist, when necessary, with advice on technical approach and design.
They strive to deliver their customers fast and reliable software. Therefore DevOps engineers must have experience with high volume 24/7 systems with security at the heart.
- Software Design, Carries out and documents software design utilising industry standards.
- Can produce accurate time estimates for each item of work to be delivered
- Sequence diagrams: demonstrating how each user function is implemented by a process made up of multiple interactions.
- Object Model Class Diagrams: defining the domain-driven design that ensures consistent data structure across UX, API, and backend data tiers.
- Component Diagrams: breaks down the application into bounded context REST APIs that can be implemented as self-contained microservices
- Writes clean efficient code which is easily maintained and complies to company code standards and industry best practice.
- Considers performance and security as core fundamental principals in all code
- Participates in code reviews to inform best practice
- Knowledge of PHP frameworks (Laravel preferred)
- Routinely tests code by unit testing and working with the Testing team to ensure quality is maintained.
- Can create automation tests as part of a regression suite
- Maintains and extends skills and expertise in coding technologies relevant to IDGateway, through challenging client work and personal development.
- Stays abreast of relevant new developments and techniques within the IT industry.
- Is a confident and skilled user of all the company development tools such as Bitbucket and Jira.
- Where necessary documents work using company tools such as Confluence.
- Applies the company values and behaviours to their work ethic.
- Is committed to continued personal and professional development in line with the company’s defined technical and strategic directions.
- 5 years+ in software development role with at least 2 as a DevOps engineer
- Extensive experience with OO PHP, PHP Frameworks and Databases
- Commercial experience of Cloud Computing (AWS preferred)
- Commercial experience with Terraform or similar IaC package
- Strong interest in software design / application architecture
- Passionate about delivering high quality well tested software
- Team player
- Analytical logical thinker with a flair for innovation and problem solving
- Great attention to detail and time-management skills
- Strong work ethic, organised and focused
- Good communications skills, written and verbal
- Holiday: 23 days per annum + Birthday.
- Pension: 3% Employer contribution
- Flexible Benefits: £250-£750 per annum to spend on a range on benefits