X2 Network Support engineers needed for a major client of ours in Surrey due to a server to Data Centre move.
So, the role is to move their servers to a Data Centre and require someone to work alongside their Network Specialist to “manage” the project. The position will be full time, working from home remotely until at least April, when you will be required to go into the Surrey office 2-3 times a week
You’ll be responsible for the day-to-day running and maintenance of the server environment and issues; installing, upgrading, supporting and troubleshooting any hosted applications, designing system configuration, directing system installation, and enforcing network standards.
Working as part of a small team, you’ll be comfortable supporting with helpdesk tickets as required or when escalated, in addition to working on scheduled out-of-office hours tasks, or those odd occasions where something goes down after hours.
Technical skills – Network Support Engineer
- Good understanding of Firewalls (Juniper, pfSense, SonicWall, Cisco ASA, Palo Alto), DNS, DHCP, Routing, Active Directory and Group Policy
- Practical/hands-on experience with SAN’s and switch configuration
- Good experience with VMWare (VCP highly beneficial)
- Good experience with Windows Server 2012/16+ and Windows 7/10
- A structured and solution-oriented approach with the ability to get the job done in a proactive manner
- Previous experience of working on an Infrastructure/ NOC team would be preferable
- Any experience with Azure, Veem and VMware Horizon, Office365 would be highly beneficial
- Salary Offer £40,000 - £45,000 DOE GBP £40,000 - £45,000 DOE Month