Job Purpose – Networks Engineering Manager
The network engineering manager is responsible and accountable for the UK network infrastructure. Managing changes, upgrades and diagnosis with the network team and ensure work is carried out to the appropriate quality and company standards and timescales. As a technical expert the network engineering manager is responsible for participating in incident response as part of the wider Infrastructure team and with the Global Network team. The network engineering manager will be responsible for delivery of network and telecoms projects and work in conjunction with the network operations team lead to ensure the successful delivery.
The Network engineering manager would be expected to work with their team to design and implement new network and security solutions (in conjunction with the Security Engineering Manager) as required. Proposing new technology in conjunction with the Global network team, creating roadmaps and tracking lifecycle and capacity requirements.
The network engineering manager is responsible for ensuring work is fit for purpose and implemented in a safe and controlled manner whilst maintaining availability and resilience.
Key Accountabilities/Deliverables – Networks Engineering Manager
- Responsible for ensuring high levels of network availability.
- Responsible for implementing change in an appropriate, controlled manner
- Responsible for ensuring CMDB / documentation are kept up to date and fit for purpose.
- Responsible for Technical fault finding and network incident management.
- Ensure Corporate Standards are deployed and maintained.
Person Specification – Networks Engineering Manager
- Cisco CCNP (essential)
- Cisco CCIE (desirable)
- Any other network/telephony qualifications would be an advantage.
- Cisco IOS (R&S) including switch stacks, and Core Switches (such as 6500 series).
- Networking and IP telephony skills in a complex environment.
- Industry best-practise for establishing and maintaining firewall security policies.
- Root cause analysis and low-level troubleshooting (e.g. packet capture).
- Cisco Voice – CUCM and UCCE (essential)
- Cisco NXOS experience (desirable)
- Knowledge outside of Networks/Telephony for troubleshooting purposes (eg Servers, ESX, etc) (desirable).
- Cross platform diagnosis skills using industry tools and techniques.
- Hands-on experience of: Cisco ASA, Cisco Switches and Routers, Cisco Voice.
- Working with other technical teams and technology experts.
- Comfortable with copper and fibre cabling and the related troubleshooting areas.
- Experience of any non-Cisco Network/Telephony equipment (desirable)
- Strong Management and Leadership skills
- Strong budget management
- Strong contract and vendor management
- Strong Project Management and Stakeholder Management
- Strong discovery and documentation skills.
- Able to explain Network/Telephony concepts clearly to a technical or non-technical audience.
- Able to adhere to existing processes and procedures at all times.
- Ability to identify and suggest improvements and provide input into the team roadmap.
- Comfortable with learning new skills and technologies as required.
- Salary Offer DOE GBP DOE Month