Role purpose – Lead Java Developer
- We have a great opportunity for a Lead Java Developer looking to perform a leading role in developing high quality software solutions.
- The role will initially be focused on driving forward our API strategy by both leading the design and development of RESTful API’s on top of our policy administration system. The candidate will work closely with Product Owners, Technical Architects and the Development Team to identify business requirements and turn them into production quality software.
- As an advocate for agile development frameworks, the Lead Software Developer will help create a positive working relationship within Scrum teams and play a key role in ensuring that the solutions delivered are fit for purpose and delivered on time.
- As a senior member of the Software Development Team, a high level of technical knowledge and expertise is expected, acquired through working on a large number of medium to large scale projects. This knowledge and expertise will be applied to delivering solutions and also to coaching and mentoring other people in the team.
Role responsibilities & accountabilities – Lead Java Developer
- Design RESTful API’s which meet all the user requirements.
- Producing well structured, efficient and reliable code within the agreed timescales, using the technologies selected for the solution.
- Evaluating technical feasibility and running POC’s if required.
- Translating requirements and acceptance criteria into technical solutions.
- Maintaining an interest in the latest development tools and technologies and being prepared to use these in a fast paced environment.
- Running knowledge sharing sessions and code katas for the team.
- Applying development best practices and adhering to IT policies and standards.
- Ensuring that code is well tested using TDD where appropriate.
- Contributing to daily stand up meetings, sprint planning, sprint demos and sprint retrospectives.
- Providing accurate estimates for user stories and backlog items.
- Translating user stories and backlog items into logical units of work.
- Completing all necessary documentation to support the solutions delivered, ensuring this is accurate, concise and easy to use.
- Coaching and mentoring other developers in the team.
Experience – Lead Java Developer
- High level of expertise in delivering software solutions using Java & Spring
- High level of expertise designing RESTful API’s
- High level of expertise with SQL & PL/SQL
- Experience of end-to-end development of high-quality software applications on a wide range of medium to large scale projects.
- Experience of taking leading role in projects that have completed successfully.
- Experience of agile development approaches to fit large, complex, enterprise-level projects.
- Experience developing proof of concepts
- Experience of coaching and mentoring less experienced Software Developers in the team.
- Experience of working with project collaboration tools such as JIRA and Confluence.
- Interest in new tools and technology and their application in a business environment.
- Experience of rolling out new tools and technology and supporting the team through the process.
Key Technical skills of role – Lead Java Developer
- Recent Java Experience
- Recent Spring Experience
- Strong RESTful API design experience
- API management, including versioning and documentation
- SQL and PL/SQL
- Git for source control
- Object-oriented development techniques and theories
- Knowledge of software design patterns
- Knowledge of application security
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration tools such as Jenkins
- Oracle Database Technologies
- Knowledge of cloud technologies
- Scrum & Agile experience
- Change Data Capture
- Salary Offer £60,000 - £65,000 GBP £60,000 - £65,000 Month