Are you a seasoned Lead Cloud Architect seeking a long-term contract with a market leading company within their field. Operating across 140 countries with over 20,000 staff, our client seek a Lead Cloud Architect to take charge of moving their current applications to the cloud, largely using Azure and AWS.
The Cloud Architect reports directly to the Service Leader (Architecture), with matrix management to the Cloud Programme Director. The Architect works at a strategic level to provide leadership in creating, maintaining and communicating the firm’s Digital Technology Strategy, with relevance towards how we continue to evolve our cloud platform and operations, bringing together disparate systems that continue to enable Arup and drive innovation.
The Architect plays a key role in the firms most significant enterprise-wide digital programme’s and projects to ensure that the BIATS architectures designed and delivered are aligned with its business vision and objectives. Furthermore that designs and patterns produced are then verified against what has been delivered to meet quality criteria.
Cloud is seen as the primary environment for delivering technology services into from applications, data and shared services. The cloud programme has a continued pipeline of transformational opportunities to continue to migrate workloads into, but also has to enable and educate our business digital innovators in the use of cloud, working with and up to C-Level stakeholders across AWS, Azure and GCP. The role therefore needs to provide strategic direction around cloud platform and tooling of choice, as well as provide overall architecture services across (BIATS).
- Enterprise Architecture: Strategic BIATS Roadmaps and Conceptual Architecture Definition
- Solution Architecture: Solution Design, Solution Design Review
- Architecture Consultation: Options Analysis, Threat & Risk Assessment [TRA], Guidance & Best Practice.
- Architecture Governance: Design Authority, Definition of Standards, Polices & Patterns
- Focuses on the ‘big picture’ and how all the technical pieces fit together in terms of both the breadth and depth of the specific architecture domain(s) covered (see specific Architecture Capabilities section)
- Drives realisation of the Digital Technology Strategy goals for example: Cloud First.
- Drives the cloud agenda from an architectural perspective
- Documents and validates Solution Designs to meet requirements defined by Business stakeholders typically captured by Business Analysts within DTG. Ensures and assures architectural patterns and designs are aligned before transitioning into live services
- Is responsible for building and maintaining a BIATS reference architecture and the associated building blocks in conjunction with other architecture domain and subject matter experts.
- Collaborate with Development and/or Engineering leads to support development of lower level Technical Architecture and/or Software Architecture.
- Participate in Design Authority activities to conduct architecture reviews of BIATS architectures to assess strategic alignment, business value and technical risk.
- Updates job knowledge by tracking and understanding emerging architecture practices and standards; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organisations.
- Collaborate with Services Leaders and Engineers in Digital Technology to define standards, policies and patterns.
Specific Architecture Capabilities
- Create Proof of Concepts, apply existing technologies in new ways, prove out new approaches and technologies.
- Define Cloud Architecture models & adoption plans aligned with corporate cloud strategy.
- Oversee application architecture and deployments in cloud environments.
- Provides thought leadership and guidance around the use of cloud across AWS, Azure and GCP, cloud native tools and automation
- Considers Cloud security requirements and works with other architects and security experts to inherently design this into solutions architecture principle design.
- Provide guidance in infrastructure movement techniques including bulk application transfers into the cloud.
Requirements and skills
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills with both non-technical as well as technical audiences managing successful communications with governance boards and stakeholders.
- Ability to influence others to consider your point of view and gain support and agreement for plans, changes and new approaches.
- Mature and self-motivated professional able to work in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment.
- Ability to identify architecture driven improvement to continually improve service quality and reduce costs.
- Ability to engage with internal and external stakeholders, gain their confidence and persuade them to cooperate with initiatives where required.
- Self-starter, pragmatic, flexible and comfortable with ambiguity, able to align business and DTG vision to deliver clarity.
- Had occupied the role of lead cloud architect in previous organisations and demonstrable experience of leading technical teams in the use of cloud
- Certified or working towards certification in the use of AWS, Azure and GCP
- Salary Offer £600 - £750 per day GBP £600 - £750 per day Month