Job Description/Person Specification – IT Service Desk Agent
- To provide 24*7*365 IT Service Desk initial contact support to internal and external customers, providing support on all IT-supported software and hardware and mobile communications.
- Responsible for the management, order and distribution of software, hardware and mobile devices and also for ensuring a high level of customer service for service requests.
- Requests will be received via phone, email or in person.
- The current corporate IT estate comprises of 1,600 desktops, 4,600 laptops, 700 mobiles phones, 1,900 smart devices – all supported through the IT Service Desk along with a monthly volume of 4,500 requests.
Key Accountabilities – IT Service Desk Agent
- To provide 1st and 2nd line technical support; providing customer support via phone, email and drop-in visits into the Service Desk maintaining a high degree of customer service at all times.
- To log, update and manage all calls via the IT call logging system relating to the Company’s support of all software and hardware in the Operational environment.
- Adhere to all service management principles, including the company’s software licensing processes.
- Responsible for Software License Management including the ordering and distribution of software.
- To manage and safeguard the confidentiality, integrity and availability of company and customer information.
- Ensure compliance with organisation policies, procedures and work instructions.
- To take ownership of problems and be proactive when dealing with all issues.
- To allocate technical calls to the relevant resolver group, initiate escalation procedures and manage incidents.
- Liaison with third party suppliers as required.
- Handling VIP support calls in a professional manner.
- Proactively investigating ways to reduce common issues and publishing self-help guides to assist the customer base. In turn this gives time back to the business.
- Responsible for update and maintenance of accurate internal work instructions and processes.
Key Capabilities & Knowledge – IT Service Desk Agent
- Excellent customer service skills both face-to-face and over the telephone
- Effective interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Flexible – ability to work a 24*7*365 shift with potential requirements for shift change at short notice
- Professional Image
- Customer Centric
- Relentless focus on improving processes
- Keen interest in IT
- Ability to prioritise
Experience & Qualifications – IT Service Desk Agent
- Previous experience of working in a busy Service Desk environment
- ITIL Foundation V3 or V4 certification (desirable)
- CompTIA A+ qualification (desirable)
- Understanding of mobile telephony and smart devices
- Understanding of Active Directory
- Understanding of Networking
- Experience of working to defined service levels and service catalogue
- This role requires SC clearance
- Support knowledge of Windows Win 7/10/iOS Operating Systems
- Support knowledge of Microsoft Office 2010/2016 packages (Office 365 desirable)
- Salary Offer Salary on request GBP Salary on request Month