As our client drives forward with an IT Transformation agenda, they have a new opportunity for a Business Applications Support Analyst to join their team.
Working as the Business Applications Support Analyst you will be experienced in multiple and potentially varied products and be able to support 3rd party IT applications and systems within our business. You will act as a 2nd/3rd line escalation point for our Helpdesk and Business teams, fixing application and system problems or responding to any incidents that are disrupting the application service that our business users depend on.
You will be required to assist our business, in conjunction with our Business Analysts, to design and implement new systems under the direction of the IT Operations Manager, IT Manager and ultimately the IT Director.
You will also need a breadth of experience, strong analytical skills, a thorough grounding in IT Service and Support along with an understanding of how business functions operate to help you support systems and teams and ensure they can deliver on the organizational and operational targets set.
This is a new role to our client however you will be part of a solutions department with like-minded individuals working on creating solutions to problems within the business thus helping to Move Science Forward.
Key Responsibilities And Accountabilities
More About The Role And Its Key Objectives.
- Provide 2nd/3rd line support of applications as part of operational and helpdesk processes.
- Fully understand the technical capabilities of 3rd party systems with a view to advising how they could / should be utilised.
- Work with 3rd parties and software vendors to implement systems, upgrades and changes. Ensuring testing and validation standards and best practices are met.
- Create and maintain system documentation to allow our whole team to effectively triage incidents and requests at the first point of contact.
- Ensure systems are sufficiently flexible to respond to business demand.
- Ensure availability of key systems, inside and outside of office hours.
- Contribute to the preparation of comprehensive business requirements documents that meet the needs of business stakeholders and support appropriate operational best practice.
- Actively support Technical Analysts and Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) in the completion of technical specifications and participate in solution design activities.
- Support system testing such that the implemented solution reflects all of the agreed requirements and support defect management and any change requests that may emerge.
- Diligently follow-up any outstanding issues with business users or IT developers to ensure that issues, projects and change initiatives are closed out promptly.
- Review team working practices/procedures to identify opportunities to improve quality or productivity.
Knowledge, Experience And Skills
- Thorough experience and understanding of Operating Systems.
- SQL 2014 / 2016 (e.g. DB admin, Query writing, Reporting services, SSIS, SSRS etc.).
- Administering web servers, specifically IIS.
- Securing web facing systems.
- Incident & Problem Management.
- Any programming experience is useful to enable high-level debugging of scripts etc. but is not mandatory as this is not a developer position.
- The IT and Digital sector especially innovative solutions and current trends.
- Full Software Development lifecycle knowledge from requirements, design, development, testing and implementation.
- Pharmaceutical, Clinical Supply Chain, Cold Chain Logistics and overall Logistics industry would be beneficial.
- Working knowledge of ITIL Service Management best practices and procedures.
- Business Requirement identification and documentation.
- Computer System Validation (CSV), Good Distribution Practice (GDP) and wider GxP practices is desirable but not essential.