The Application Systems Team consists of the Finance, iManage & Knowledge Management and People Systems teams which is headed up by the Senior Applications Systems Manager, supported by a Finance Systems Manager, iManage & Knowledge Management Systems Manager and People Systems Manager. The Finance Systems team consists of 2 Senior Systems Analyst, 2 Systems Analyst and a Systems Support Assistant. The team sits in the IT Department and works closely with both IT Applications and Development teams and Accounts departments with ownership of the firm’s key business systems including PMS – Aderant Expert, Reporting & Budgeting and the Intapp suite of products as well as integrations between all of the firms systems.
The team leads innovations around the utilisation of systems, best practice and develops bespoke solutions to support business needs. This position will suit an individual with proven experience in reviewing, recommending and implementing both processes and solutions. They should also have good accounting knowledge, Billing, Accounts Payable or Cashiering processes, excellent technical skills and be comfortable leading all aspects of project delivery.
- Support the firm’s current business systems, including Aderant Expert, Intapp Open, I4G, SSRS and Xcelerate
- Assist on the improvements, development and further integration of the firm’s current practice management system and other financial related systems including:
- Dealing with 2nd line support calls to offer technical support and guidance to our Accounts teams worldwide as well as the Partners, Associates and PA’s
- Review and action data integrity for the PMS system and solving/escalating issues
- Support monthly routine server and system maintenance
- Review business process & comprehensive documentation
- Development and configuration
- User Acceptance Testing
- End User training
- Handover documentation
- Deliver projects of varying size
Attributes / Skills required
- Demonstrates the Company values of individuality, commitment, teamwork and straight talking.
- Service focused attitude and professional manner, appropriate for a commercial law firm.
- Confident and clear communication (verbal and written) with people at all levels of the business hierarchy.
- Able to respond quickly to requests, manage time effectively, and work under pressure.
- Proactive nature, hardworking, organised, able to structure own work and work solo when required.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- A willingness to learn new skills and assist in the on-going development of the Firm’s business systems and procedures
- Excellent application and back-end knowledge of Aderant Expert
- Excellent knowledge of Aderant Framework, including Design Studio
- Excellent working knowledge of SQL
- Working knowledge of SSRS, SSAS or Cognos would be advantageous
- Previous law firm experience essential