Are you an experienced SRE / DevOps Engineer looking for that next step but not yet had the opportunity to go from an engineer in to a lead role, than this could be your chance
Maybe your already in a Senior / Team Lead position but seek a new challenge that will push your career even further. Either way this is a great opportunity for the right SRE / DevOps Engineer to come in and shape the future of the SRE / DevOps division.
With massive growth over the last few years, the company has more recently had to restructure and now split the technical division in to 2 main areas. They now have a Product team and a SRE / DevOps team.
Our client is a real mix of designers and technologists based close to Liverpool street. They will be the first to tell you, but as a business they are a technical company run by designers, which is why they have had to make the internal changes to ensure the business is future proofed.
As a company they are now seen as one of the top market leaders when it comes to designing, building and evolving some of the world’s best video-based consumer products. They now have some of the largest broadcast and sports organisations on their books because of the products and services they offer vs their competitors.
So what do they expect from you?
In short, this newly created role recognises the importance of having a dedicated team to ensure the smooth running of the services and infrastructure. As the SRE /DevOps Team Lead, will take the support infrastructure and build upon it, defining the process and tooling required to run an effective and highly available monitoring & alerting service.
Skills and Experience – SRE / DevOps Team Lead
- Terraform and Kubernetes (or similar)
- AWS services, containerisation and Lambda (or similar)
- Assertive and confident — hold your own with business, project, and management people at all levels
- Take great pride in the quality of anything they have had a hand in
- Delivers work of high technical standards and accuracy and completeness
- Can deliver an infrastructure based upon an architecture and not deviate from the architecture.
Desirable – SRE / DevOps Team Lead
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect
- Writing CI pipelines as code
- Prometheus / Grafana Monitoring Stacks
- ITIL Qualification
Day to day duties – SRE / DevOps Team Lead
- You will feedback into their product development teams and ensure that software is built and is engineered for performance and reliability.
- You will work closely with the Customer support team to ensure that customers are always communicated to in a timely manner.
- Evolving systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity
- Become the “goto” technical contact for certain services and customers within the business
- You will take ownership of the current services, which are a mix of EC2 and Kubernetes environments.
- Decide on the right mix of tools and processes and architecture to ensure that running our environments is as stress free and effective as it can be.
- Noticing and responding effectively to service failures in order to preserve the service’s conformance to its SLA
- Measuring and monitoring availability, latency, and overall system health
- Deploying and removing computing resources for services in a predictable fashion through mechanisms such as automation.
- Delivering high quality, well-tested infrastructure code
- Plugging the documentation gap of existing systems to a usable level
- Supporting the Product Architect in the development of the infrastructure of their services
- Support and manage junior engineers
- Help to recruit additional team members
- On call support on rotation for dealing with major customer incidents
- Salary Offer Up to £90,000 GBP Up to £90,000 Month