Working as part of a shift rota, covering client contracted hours Monday to Friday. The shifts are 7:30am to 4pm, 9am to 5:30pm and 11:30am to 8pm. These shifts rotate on a weekly basis. In addition there is a requirement for on call hours including weekends.
The main responsibility is providing 2nd line telephone and technical support to a variety of clients, across a range of technologies.
The role is based on taking client phone calls, providing first time resolution where possible and resolving technical support tickets as part of a team on a busy Service Desk, working from our Manchester city centre office. Reporting to the 1st & 2nd Line Team Leader.
Role Responsibilities – 2nd Line Service Desk Engineer
- Provide day to day technical support in an effective and timely manner as part our clients Service Desk
- Management of escalated tickets, following through to completion ensuring regular feedback is provided to client through the lifecycle of logged tickets
- Assisting and guiding 1st Line Service Desk Engineers
- Work closely with escalation teams to ensure client tickets are escalated in a timely manner in accordance with client SLAs
- Ensuring client knowledge base documents remain up to date and are reviewed regularly including adding additional KB documents when required
- Provide support and assistance to our clients Project Engineers and Onsite Engineers
- Participate in an on-call rota covering non-UK Service Desk hours
- Vendor manage tickets as required, ensuring regular updates provided to client
- Prioritisation and management of workload to meet contractual SLAs
Tasks – 2nd Line Service Desk Engineer
- Answer inbound telephone calls to the Service Desk within 15 seconds
- Ensure availability whilst on-call for escalated and 24/7 client issues, ensuring escalations are dealt with in a timely manner
- Ensure all new incidents or requests are logged in a timely manner with accurate details of the reported fault or request
- Provide assistance or support on projects which may require attending client sites
- Ensure tickets are accurately updated with details of phone calls, ongoing investigation notes and technical detail
- Ensure assigned tickets are proactively managed and updated throughout the day
- Ensure clients receive updates as per the contracted SLA, note this may be more frequent for more critical or urgent issues
- Major Incident management for critical issues, including critical issue investigation, escalation and/or resolution
- Major incidents are escalated to Service Desk Management and escalated to advanced technical teams where required.
- Complete Timesheets accurately on a weekly basis
- Provide technical resolutions where possible, ensuring details of the resolution have been communicated to the client
- Review and update knowledge base documents regularly
- Coaching and mentoring of the 1st Line Service Desk Engineers
- Verify, review and allocate tickets in the inbound unassigned queue as per the Managing Unassigned Queue process
- Ensure tickets are completed as per the Incident Management and Request Fulfilment process
Job Skills & Experience – 2nd Line Service Desk Engineer
Candidates to be competent and confident working with the following areas:
- Microsoft Desktop.
- Administering & supporting Microsoft Windows Server 2008/2012/2016, preferably in a VMWare ESXi environment or HyperV.
- Administering & supporting Office365, with hands on experience of user and licence administration.
- Knowledge of Office365 migration an advantage.
- Administering & supporting Microsoft Exchange 2007/2010/2016. An understanding of how Exchange works, with knowledge of datastores, mail flow and troubleshooting mail issues.
- Networking Experience (routers, switches & firewalls). Understand usage and configuration of DHCP, DNS and VLAN’s. Knowledge of port forwarding and WAN configuration essential.
- Network Administration & Data Backup Technologies, preferably Veeam.
- IT Service Desk Environment.
Along with the above, the candidate needs to demonstrate exceptional communication skills, instilling confidence in others with regards to their knowledge, competency and ability to deliver.
The ideal candidate will need to be able to prioritise and schedule their own workload within a fast-paced environment. The must be proactive and positive approach to problem solving and client interaction. Exceptional attention to detail, flexibility and uses own initiative to troubleshoot complex issues
- Salary Offer £25,000 - £28,000 GBP £25,000 - £28,000 Month